Bell Pepper Ham Cheesy Omelet (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 2 servings (Net Carbs: 4.6 g)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsps water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsps olive oil
- Preheat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Cook chopped bell pepper and onion for a few minutes until soft.
- Add in ham and continue cooking until all ingredients are light golden in color.
- Transfer the filling to a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water, salt and pepper until blended.
- Preheat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Pour in half of the egg mixture, lightly stir with spatula and cook until just set.
- Put half of the filling on one side of the omelet, top with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and fold over.
- When omelet is done and cheese has melted, transfer to a serving dish. Repeat the same for the remaining portion.
- Serve warm.