Cabbage Soup Diet Original Cabbage Soup Recipe
Original Cabbage Soup for Cabbage Soup Diet
Write a review
- 6 stalks scallion (sliced)
- 3 medium bell peppers (green, yellow & red) (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 bunch celery (trimmed & chopped)
- 1 cup fresh mushroom (or canned) (thickly sliced)
- 14.5 oz (411 g) diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2 lbs (900 g) cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups unsweetened tomato juice (or vegetable juice)
- 2 cubes beef/chicken bouillon (or 1 package Lipton soup mix)
- onion powder (or any ground herb or spice) (to taste)
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat some olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add in scallion and bell peppers and cook for a few minutes until soften.
- Add in carrot and celery and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in mushroom and tomato and cook for another minute.
- Bring 8 cups of water to the boil in a large (11-in/28-cm) sauce pot.
- Add in bouillon cubes or Lipton soup mix.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to the sauce pot.
- Add in tomato juice and cabbage and bring to the boil again.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, season to taste with onion powder and ground black pepper.
- Cover and cook at simmer for about 2 hours.
- Off the heat and season to taste with salt.
- Keep the unfinished cabbage soup in the fridge and reheat when serving.
- You are actually allowed to slightly change the vegetables used in the ingredients, so that you don't have to eat the soup with the same flavor and get bored.
Diet Plan 101 http://www.dietplan-101.com/