How to: Homemade Cool Whip Substitute
Can’t find Cool Whip around the house? This homemade version is perfect substitute for your recipes or snacks. Although it is not 100 percent exact match, but this is a stabilized whipped cream recipe that can be used on most recipes that call for Cool Whip. This recipe requires only few simple ingredients and much healthier than store-bought.
Keep unused portion refrigerated and best used within 3 days.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsps fine granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pour water into saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over and let it soaks for 3 minutes.
- Heat gelatin mixture over medium-low heat, keep stirring until dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Add 1 tbsp of whipping cream to cream of tartar and whisk until well blended.
- Combine cream of tartar mixture, whipping cream and sugar in stand mixer mixing bowl.
- Beat with whisk attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla, pour in cooled gelatin mixture gradually while continue mixing until well blended.
- It is ready to be used. Keep unfinished portion in a container and keep refrigerated (use within 3 days).