Asian Tamari Sauce Beef Salad (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 5 servings (Each serving: 7.6 g Net Carbs)
- 12 oz (340 g) beef sirloin steak (cut into thin strips)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 4 oz (113 g) sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 stalks scallion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsps Tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (sugar-free)
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- Whisk all ingredients for marinade (EXCEPT curry and ginger powder) in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour half of the marinade over the sirloin strips and mix well. Keep refrigerated to marinate overnight.
- Add curry powder and ginger powder to the remaining marinade and mix well. Keep refrigerated and use as salad dressing.
- Preheat 1 tbsp. cooking oil in a large frying pan until very hot.
- Add in marinated beef strips and stir-fry until medium doneness, for about 1 minute.
- Combine salad greens, bell pepper strips, sliced water chestnuts and stir-fried beef in a large salad bowl, pour over the dressing and toss well.