Asian Turkey Burger with Sesame Mayonnaise (for South Beach Phase 2)
Write a review
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread (processed into crumbs)
- 12 oz (340 g) lean ground turkey breast
- 8 oz water chestnuts (chopped)
- 2 tbsps hoisin sauce*
- 2 stalks green onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsps sesame oil
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 8 slices tomato
- leaf lettuce
- sesame mayonnaise**
**For sesame mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp less sodium soy sauce (e.g. Kikkoman, Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Put all ingredients for sesame mayonnaise in a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Put bread crumbs, ground turkey, water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, green onion, ginger, garlic and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions, then form into 1/2"-thick patties (make them thinner at the center to avoid steaming while grilling) and brush with sesame oil.
- When the grill is ready, hold an oiled paper towel with tongs and oil the grill rack.
- Grill the turkey patties for 5 minutes each side, until both sides are browned.
- To serve, cut a bun into half, top with turkey patty, lettuce, tomato, some mayonnaise and top with another half of bun.
- You may prepare the sesame mayonnaise earlier, cover and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- You may prepare the turkey patties for later use. Wrap and keep in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours/freezer for up to 3 months.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/