This is a “mock” Rumaki recipe which is without the liver, ONLY water chestnuts and bacons, especially for those who don’t eat liver. Each serving is about 1.3 g net carbs. You can serve them as appetizer for Atkins Diet.
Quick and easy, anything wrapped in bacon tastes good. Enjoy this recipe, guaranteed favorites for party or gathering.
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnut (Rumaki) (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 24 servings (Each serving: 1.3 g Net Carbs)
- 12 water chestnuts (about 4 oz/113 g) (halved horizontally)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp molasses sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 8 slices bacon (cut crosswise into thirds)
- toothpicks (presoak in water for 1 hour)
- Combine soy sauce, grated ginger, curry powder, molasses and sweetener in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in water chestnuts and coat well. Set aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Drain the marinated water chestnuts and discard the marinade.
- Roll 1 piece of bacon around each water chestnut and secure with a toothpick, then arrange them on a broiler pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turning once, then continue to bake for another 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.