Originated from Russia dated back to 1890, Beef Stroganoff is simply tender beef with mushroom and sour cream sauce. It is easy to produce in large quantities and store in fridge as ready-to-eat food. Its variation has become popular around the world.This is a Low-Carb version’s recipe suitable for Atkins Diet. Watch the video recipe below. Cook this easy-to-follow Beef Stroganoff with mushroom recipe. Replace beef with chicken breast strips if desired.
Beef Stroganoff with Mushroom (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 4 servings (Each serving: 3.6 g Net Carbs)
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 17 oz (480 g) beef strips (e.g. skirt steak strips)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 tbsps sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- Lightly coat the beef strips with salt, pepper and 1 tsp vegetable oil.
- Preheat the remaining vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the beef strips and brown both sides, then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter to remaining oil in the pan, then cook onion until soften.
- Add in sliced mushroom and cook until the liquid is drying up.
- Add in beef broth and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in sour cream, then return the browned meat strips to the pan.
- Cook for another few minutes until meat is heated through.
- Add in chopped green onion and cook for another minute.
- Off the heat and season with more pepper and salt if desired.