Chicken Spinach Curried Lentil Soup (for South Beach Phase 1)
Write a review
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsps minced ginger
- 1 cup lentils (uncooked, rinsed)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tsps curry powder
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 2/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 8 oz (225 g) sliced chicken breast
- 1 bunch spinach (roughly chopped)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- red hot sauce (to taste)
- Preheat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger, then add in lentils, cumin and curry powder, mix well.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, loosely cover and cook for about 30-35 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Add in chicken breast and cook for another 5 minutes, then add in chopped spinach.
- Off the heat when the spinach is just cooked. Season to taste with salt, pepper and red sauce.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/