A low carb pancake made using soy flour and unsweetened cocoa powder, great to be served as breakfast for Atkins Diet Phase 1 and low carb diet.
Chocolate Soy Pancakes (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 8 servings (Each serving : 4.9 g Net Carbs)
- 1 cup soy flour
- 6 tbsps granulated Splenda
- 3 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 tbsps (1.5 oz/42 g) unsalted butter (melted)
- Combine soy flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add in milk, beaten eggs and butter, mix until just smooth. Rest the batter for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low, then pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and spread out.
- Cook until lightly brown on one side, then turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until done.
- Transfer the pancake to a serving dish. Repeat the same for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with butter, or with some allowed fruits if you are in Phase 2 or Phase 3.