Low Carb Cinnamon Buttermilk Soy Waffles (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 8 servings (Each serving: 4.6 g Net Carbs)
- 1 cup soy flour
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsps granulated sweetener (or 9 sachets)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (75 g) butter (melted)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat waffle iron (according to manufacturer’s instruction).
- Combine soy flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and sweetener in a mixing bowl.
- Add in buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla, and mix until well blended.
- Add in cold water gradually (1 tbsp at a time), until you have a slightly thick but still pourable batter (discard extra water).
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter (adjust the amount according to your waffle machine) in the middle of the preheated waffle iron, cover and cook until the waffle is lightly browned on both sides.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm on its own or with sugar-free syrup (or with fruits for Phase 3), if desired.