Crustless Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping (for South Beach Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 lb (453 g) low-fat cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 16 pkts Splenda sweetener
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 pkts Splenda sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put a baking tray filled with water into oven and preheat to 300°F/150°C.
- Wrap the outside (bottom and sides) of a 9-in (23 cm) loose base round cake pan with aluminum foil (to prevent any leaking).
- Beat cream cheese, sweetener and almond extract at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add in eggs (one at a time) and beat at low speed until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in a water bath for about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk together all ingredients for topping until blended, then spread evenly on the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Keep refrigerated for a few hours to chill the cake completely before serving.