Learn how to make this creamy and totally dairy-free Popsicle from purple yam. You can do it without using ice cream make. It is surprisingly easy to make and perfect as healthy snack.
Purple yam and Coconut milk is an awesome combo, you will love the creamy texture of this Popsicle. You will be shocked that it was vegan. Coconut milk is a perfect substitute for dairy milk. This recipe is suitable for vegan and for those with dairy milk allergy.
Purple Yam (Dioscorea alata) is a popular ingredient in many desserts such as ice cream, cakes and cookies. Purple color in yam contain anthocyanins, they are powerful antioxidants and packed with nutrients.
Dairy-Free Vegan Purple Yam Popsicle Recipe | Dietplan-101
Makes 12 popsicles
- 8 oz (227 g) purple yam (diced)
- 1 2/3 cups (400 ml) water
- 2 1/4 cups (530 ml) thick coconut milk
- 7 tbsps fine granulated sugar
- 2/3 tsp salt
- Slaked corn starch (1/2 tsp cornstarch + 1 tsp water)
- Steam purple yam for 10 minutes until soft.
- Combine steamed yam and water in a sauce pot, puree with hand blender until smooth.
- Add in coconut milk, sugar and salt, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add in slaked cornstarch and cook until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Off the heat and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, pour equally into popsicle molds and keep in the freezer for at least 6 hours, until completely frozen.
- To unmold, dip the popsicle in warm water for 10-15 seconds and pull it out gently. Notes