Gluten-Free Basic Sponge Cake
Write a review
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Grease and line 2 sandwich pans (8"/20-cm).
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then beat in egg yolks.
- Add in sugar gradually and beat until stiff peak.
- Sift corn flour, baking powder and salt, then fold lightly into the beaten eggs until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the pans equally and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans immediately and cool on wire rack.
- When cooled, sandwich with jam or whipped cream and dust with icing sugar.
- Makes 2 (8"/20-cm) thin sponge cakes.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/