Japanese green tea flavored crispy egg white cookies that will melt in your mouth! It is so easy to make yet very delicious! There is no flour and is gluten-free.
Japanese Green Tea Meringue Cookies | Dietplan-101
- 3 large egg whites (at room temperature, use 3-4 days old eggs)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/4 tsps green tea powder
- Beat egg whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar and beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add in icing sugar gradually while beating, then continue to beat at high speed until VERY stiff.
- Add in green tea powder gradually and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 250°F/120°C.
- Fill the green tea meringue into a piping bag with your favourite tip, then pipe dollops onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Let the meringue cookies cool in the closed oven for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to airtight containers immediately and keep refrigerated.