Making gluten-free sandwich bread is hassle-free with the help of a bread machine. If your machine doesn’t have a gluten-free cycle, you may use “rapid rise” or “quick” cycle as I did. It is a good option if you are busy and still need a loaf of fresh homemade gluten-free bread. However, the trade-off is you will have a denser bread. To make it dairy-free, simply replace the butter with extra virgin olive oil.
(Adapted from Gluten-Free Goddess-Delicious Gluten-Free Bread Recipe)
Gluten-Free Sorghum-Millet Sandwich Bread (Bread Machine) | Dietplan-101
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 2/3 cup millet flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 2 2/3 tsps xanthan gum
- 1 2/3 tsps salt
- 2 2/3 tsps instant yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 3 tbsps honey
- 2/3 tsp lemon juice (or cider vinegar)
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- Combine flours, starches, gum, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients (EXCEPT butter) into the bread pan according to the instructions given by manufacturer.
- Select the “Quick” cycle (2.0 lbs) and press start.
- When the ingredients have come together, scrap the sides of the bread pan using a spatula and add in butter. (The dough should resemble a thick muffin batter, adjust the thickness with 1 tbsp warm water or flour, if needed.)
- When the kneading cycle has ended, remove the paddles and smooth the surface with wet spatula.
- When the bread is done, remove from bread pan immediately and cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before slicing with serrated knife.
- Best serve fresh.