These flour blends are suitable for baking muffins and easy cakes (e.g. butter cakes, cupcakes), making pancakes, waffles etc. However, it is too heavy for cakes that need a light texture such as chiffon cakes and sponge cakes. For these cakes, gluten-free light cake flour mix is recommended.
Gluten-Free Whole Grain Flour Mix | Dietplan-101
- 210 g (7.4 oz) gluten-free whole grain flour (e.g. millet, sorghum, oat or brown rice)
- 105 g (3.7 oz) potato starch
- 35 g (1.2 oz) tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Combine whole grain flour of your choice, starches and gum in an airtight container.
- Shake vigorously until the flour settle in one color.
- Keep refrigerated for later use.
Notes: Yields about 350 g/12.3 oz.
Try out these recipes using these flour mix:
|Gluten-Free Orange Millet Butter Cake||Gluten-Free Orange Sorghum Butter Cake|