A traditional Greek salad is made with tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese, and olives, and dressed typically with olive oil seasoned with salt and oregano.
This recipe is an American-style Greek salad, i.e. a lettuce salad with Greek-inspired ingredient. Most of the ingredients used in this recipe are standard elements of this American-style salad, the only exception is there is no olive in it.
Greek Salad without Olives (South Beach Phase 1 Recipe) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 3 servings
- 6 oz (170 g) romaine lettuce (torn into bite sized pieces)
- 1 tomato (seeded & chopped)
- 1/2 medium red onion (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- 3 oz (85 g) crumbled low-fat feta cheese
For salad dressing:
- 2 1/2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 sachet sweetener
- Whisk together ingredients for salad dressing in a large salad bowl.
- Add in lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and crumbled feta, toss until well mixed.