Grilled Tofu with Avocado and Citrus Salsa
Write a review
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 pieces marinated tofu*
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado (diced)
- citrus salsa**
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add in the marinated tofu and its marinade, cook for a few minutes for each side. Set aside.
- Add in the baby spinach and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until just wilts.
- Arrange the cooked spinach on a serving platter, then top with fried tofu and diced avocado.
- Spoon the citrus salsa around the tofu.
*Ingredients and directions for marinated tofu
- 2 pkts firm tofu
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Slice tofu blocks horizontally , then cut diagonally into 2 triangles each, drain with paper towels.
- Arrange tofu in 1 layer in serving dish, season with cayenne pepper and salt.
- Mix the juices and olive oil in a bowl, then pour over the tofu.
- Cover with plastic and marinate for a few hours in the fridge, turning once.
**Ingredients and directions for citrus salsa
- 1 red grapefruit (peeled & sectioned)
- 2 oranges (peeled & sectioned)
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 4 tbsps minced red onion
- 2 tbsps minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Halve the grapefruit and orange segments, then put in a bowl.
- Add the bell pepper, red onion and cilantro. Season with salt.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/