A low carb quick bread made with soy protein powder and flavored with spicy Jack cheese.
Jalapeno Jack Cheese Soy Quick Bread (Atkins Diet Phase 1 Recipe) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 26 slices
Each serving (2 slices): 1.5 g Net Carbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 4 oz (113 g) grated Jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup soy protein powder
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil and butter in a large bowl, beat until well combined, then mix in grated Jack cheese.
- Sieve in soy powder, wheat gluten and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a lined square baking pan (8-inch/20-cm) and bake for 35 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack before slicing.