Lamb Curry with Plain Yogurt (for Atkins Diet Phase 2)
Write a review
- 2 lbs (900 g) lamb stew meat (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsps grated ginger
- 2 tbsps curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups (415 ml) chicken broth
- 4 tbsps whole-milk plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps chopped cilantro
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Divide lamb cubes into 3-4 batches, then brown them and transfer to a plate. Keep 2 tablespoon of lamb fat.
- Add in chopped onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for another minute.
- Return the browned lamb to the Dutch oven and mix well.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours, until meat is very tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Each serving: 2.8 g Net Carbs
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/