Low Calories Creamy Asparagus Celery Soup
Write a review
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 2.5 lbs (about 1.2 kg) asparagus spears (trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 5 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- balsamic vinegar (for serving-optional)
- Preheat Dutch oven over medium high heat, then melt the butter.
- Add in the chopped onion and celery slices and sauté until soft.
- Add in the cut asparagus and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, turn heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and continue cooking until asparagus is soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Purée the soup using hand blend, then sieve through a strainer for a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a splash of vinegar, if you want.
- Each serving: 1 cup (about 110 calories)
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/