Low-Calorie Mushroom Potato Leek Soup
Write a review
- 1 tbsp + 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- 8 oz (226 g) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (sliced)
- 3 cups (710 ml) fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 lb (453 g) potatoes (diced)
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms for a few minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Preheat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté leek and carrot for a few minutes, then add in chicken broth, dried dill and bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil, then add in diced potatoes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, add in sautéed mushrooms and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and garnish with fresh dill.
- Each serving: (about 130 calories)
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/