Low-Calorie Crustless Cheddar Spinach Quiche
Write a review
- 7 oz (198 g) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 pkt (10-oz) frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 6 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- salt & ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Lightly coat a non-stick 9" pie plate with cooking spray, then sprinkle with shredded cheese evenly.
- Preheat olive oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan, then cook chopped onion for a few minutes.
- Add in spinach and cook until moisture has evaporated, then transfer to pie plate and spread evenly.
- Whisk together egg whites, egg and cottage cheese, season with salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until set.
- Remove from oven and let the quiche stand for a few minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.
- Each serving: 1 wedge (about 92 calories)
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/