Low-Calorie Yellow Pepper Potato Soup
Write a review
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (smashed)
- 2 yellow bell peppers (cut in chunks)
- 2 leeks (white part only) (halved & sliced)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 lb (453 g) russet potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 4 cups (946 ml) water
- 3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dry white vermouth
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add in olive oil.
- Sauté garlic, peppers and leek for 1 minute, then add in turmeric. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, or until all vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in potato chunks, water and herbs, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cook uncover for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and discard the herbs, then puree the soup until you have a smooth consistency (either using a hand blender or food processor).
- Reheat the pureed soup, then stir in the vermouth. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve warm.
- Each serving: (about 97 calories)
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/