This is a quick and easy Low Carb non-baked cheesecake. Simply combine ingredients and allow it to set in the refrigerator. The cheesecake will start to melt if it is left too long at room temperature. Keep refrigerated to firm it up if it has softened. Always plan ahead as you need to chill the cheesecake for at least 8 hours.
Low Carb Chilled Lemon Cheesecake | Dietplan-101
- 1 oz (28 g) powdered gelatin
- 1 cup water (at room temperature)
- 1 lb (454 g) cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 8 sachets sugar substitute (or to taste)
- lemon juice & zest (of 1 lemon, or to taste)
- pinch of salt
- some lemon slices & shredded lemon zest
- Pour water into a saucepan, then sprinkle powdered gelatin over water and let it stands for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar substitute in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Gently heat the soaked gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Add gelatin to the cream cheese and beat until well blended.
- Add in lemon juice and zest, pinch of salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9″ round loose base cake tin (I wrap the bottom with aluminium foil in case of leak…..but it didn’t.)
- Keep refrigerated for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When the cheesecake has set, remove it carefully from the cake tin. Garnish with lemon slices and shredded lemon zest…Serve chilled.
Notes: Serves 10, each serving: 2.5 g Net Carbs