Soy flour is suitable for baking low-carb goods as it is low in carb. Each 1 cup of soy flour has only about 16 g net carbs. Ground almond is also great as it only has 9 g net carbs per cup and high in protein. Besides, it gives the baked goods a great nutty flavor.
Low Carb Cinnamon Almond Soy Mini Muffins (for Atkins Diet Phase 2) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 24 servings (Each serving: 1.3 g Net Carbs)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/113 g) unsalted butter (soften)
- 2/3 cup granulated Splenda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 3 tsps cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Beat butter, sweetener and vanilla on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add in eggs gradually and beat until well combined.
- Combine ground almond, soy flour, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Fold the mixed dry ingredient slowly into the wet ingredient with spatula until well mixed.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag, then pipe the batter into lined mini-muffin pan until 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until set in middle.
- Transfer muffins to wire rack to cool completely.