Craving for a slice of sandwich bread but need to watch your carb consumption? Try out this low-carb flaxseed sandwich bread. It has no sugar added, but loaded with healthy flaxseed that provides plenty of fiber and omega 3. This healthy loaf is great for diabetics and those on low-carb diet. This bread recipe is simple and easy-to-make with the help of a bread machine. Enjoy!
Low Carb Flaxseed Sandwich Bread (with Bread Machine) | Dietplan-101
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsps soy flour
- 3 tbsps coconut flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsps vital wheat gluten
- 2 1/4 tsps instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 sachets Splenda sweetener
- 3/4 cup water
- 3.2 oz (90 g) beaten egg
- 1 1/2 tbsps margarine or butter (soften)
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet and dry ingredients into the bread machine according to manufacturer’s instruction.
- Select “BASIC, 1.5 lb and LIGHT” setting.
- When the second rise has started (after first rise and knock down), remove the bread machine paddle immediately (to avoid a large hole at the bottom of the bread).
- When the bread is done, let it cool for about 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- When the bread has cooled down, cut it into slices using a serrated knife, and store, covered in the refrigerator.
Notes: Yields: 12 slices (Each slice: 3.5 g Net Carbs)