Crazy for a slice of pizza while on low carb or gluten-free diet? Try out this low carb high protein pizza crust! Made with eggs, heavy cream and soy protein powder, each crust has only 5.7 g net carbs and is gluten-free too. Top with any of your preferred toppings to make your own favourite pizzas, enjoy without guilt!
Low Carb High Protein Crust Pizza | Dietplan-101
For high protein pizza crust: (total net carbs: 5.7 g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground basil
- 3/4 cup soy protein powder (or isolate)
For Hawaiian seafood topping: (total net carbs: 26.1 g)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper (cut into rings)
- 15 shrimps (cooked & peeled)
- *5 crab sticks (2.75 oz/78 g) (diagonally sliced) (OMIT this for GLUTEN-FREE)
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Whisk together eggs and heavy cream in a medium bowl.
- Add in salt, garlic powder and ground basil and mix well.
- Add in soy protein powder and whisk until you have a thick and smooth batter.
- Coat a round thin pan (11-inch) with oil, then spread the thick batter evenly over the pan, smooth the surface with wet spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove baked crust from the oven. (This is the basic high protein pizza crust, with only 5.7 g net carbs per crust.)
To make Hawaiian seafood pizza:
- Spread the baked crust with pizza sauce, then with the suggested toppings (OMIT crab sticks if for Gluten-Free) and grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 450°F/230°C for another 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve hot.
(Notes: Each serving (1 slice) of Low Carb High Protein Crust Hawaiian Seafood Pizza: 4.0 g Net Carbs)