Tender low-carb crepes stuffed with rich low-fat ricotta cheese filling. Get this easy to follow recipe, suitable for low carb and south beach diet.
Low Carb Vanilla Ricotta Crepes with Strawberries (for South Beach Phase 2) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 1 serving
- 2 tbsps + 2 tbsps low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp granulated sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (for cooking)
- some strawberries & extra sweetener (for serving)
- Whisk 2 tbsps ricotta, sweetener, eggs and vanilla together until well blended.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the batter and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the bottom side is golden brown, then flip over and cook for another minute.
- Spread with 2 tbsps ricotta cheese and fold over.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with extra sweetener.
- Serve with some strawberries (omit this if for Phase 1).