Low Carb Whole Grain Pie Crust (for Atkins Diet Phase 3)
Write a review
- 1/3 cup (45 g) whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup (28 g) soy flour
- 2 oz (57 g) vital wheat gluten flour
- 3 tbsps wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tbsps unsalted butter (cold, 1/2" diced)
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Process all ingredients (EXCEPT cold water) in a food processor until you have a mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Gradually add in the cold water and continue pulsing until a dough is formed.
- Wrap the dough ball with plastic, then flatten to 7-inch thick and keep in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cold dough with some wheat gluten flour, then roll out between two plastic sheets to make a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer the flatten dough into a 9-inch pie plate, press onto the sides and bottom of the plate. Remove the extra dough and chill for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400° F/205°C.
- Prick the cold pie crust with a fork and cover with a foil, then load with pie weights.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 minutes.
- Remove the weights, cover loosely with foil and bake for another 5-6 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool the baked pie crust for 15-20 minutes on a rack before using.
- Each serving: 5.8 g Net Carbs
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/