Berries, such as raspberries and blueberries are packed with powerful antioxidants. This sherbet is made with pureed berries and buttermilk, a refreshing dessert that you can’t resist.
Mixed Berries Orange Sherbet (for Atkins Diet Phase 3) | Dietplan-101.com
Yields: 4 servings (Each serving: 11 g Net Carbs, 69 calories)
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener
- grated orange rind (of 1 orange)
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Combine berries, sweetener, orange rind and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer at low heat for about 15 minutes, stir regularly, until all berries have broken down. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, process the berries mixture in a blender until smooth, then strain into a large bowl to remove the seeds.
- Add the buttermilk to pureed berries and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a jug and keep refrigerated for at least 4 hours.
- Pour into an ice-cream maker and churn for 30 minutes.