Pan-Seared Scallops with French Sauce Vierge (for Dukan Diet PV Cruise)
Write a review
- 8 large fresh scallops (cleaned, roe attached)
- olive oil
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- lemon wedges (for serving)
- French sauce vierge* (for serving, prepare earlier)
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan until hot.
- Lightly coat the scallops with some olive oil, then season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the scallops in the hot pan on both sides, until just cooked through and firm to the touch.
- Serve the seared scallops with the sauce and lemon wedges.
*Ingredients and directions for French sauce vierge
- 1 clove garlic
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (toasted & crushed)
- 2 1/2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato (seeded & chopped)
- a handful fresh tarragon (chopped)
- a handful fresh basil (chopped)
- a handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsps lemon juice
- Mash the garlic with pestle and mortar and add in some salt.
- Add the crushed coriander seeds and olive oil to the garlic paste and stir.
- Add in chopped tomato and herbs, and then crush all the ingredients together to make a sauce.
- Set aside to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Stir in the lemon juice JUST before serving, adjust the seasoning as well.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/