Penne Pasta with Artichoke, Broccoli and Parmesan (for Diabetics)
Write a review
- 1 lb Dreamfields Penne Rigate (cooked according to instructions)
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 2 cans (14-oz/397-g) quartered artichoke hearts in brine (drained)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup (240 ml) white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) half & half (fat-free)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chopped onion and basil for a minute, then add in artichokes hearts and cook for another few minutes.
- Then, add in broccoli and wine and continue to cook until the wine has evaporated.
- Stir in half & half and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in cooked pasta and shredded cheese and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/