Picadillo Cubano (Cuban Ground Beef Dish) (for South Beach Phase 1)
Write a review
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tsps finely chopped garlic
- 1 lb (453 g) lean ground beef (92/8)
- 8 oz (226 g) boiled ham (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup red wine (ONLY for Phase 2)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives + 1 tbsp juice (cut into half)
- 1/2 tbsp seasoning blends (e.g. Accent, Mrs. Dash)
- 1 tbsp salt
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat olive oil in a casserole over low heat.
- Add in chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in ground beef and ham, cook until beef turns brown, about 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly. Drain off excess fat.
- Add in red wine (for Phase 2), chopped tomatoes, stuffed olives and juice, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Season with seasoning blends, salt and pepper .
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/