Portobello Mushroom Pita Sandwich (for South Beach Phase 2)
Write a review
- 2 Portobello mushrooms (cleaned & stemmed)
- 1 red bell pepper (stemmed, seeded and cut lengthwise into 4)
- 1/2 tbsp Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 4 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (10-oz/283-g) frozen chopped spinach (defrosted)
- 2 whole wheat pocket-less pitas/flatbread
- 1/2 cup light shredded mozzarella
- olive oil cooking spray
- Arrange mushrooms and pepper on a baking pan and lightly coated with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with salad dressing mix and balsamic vinegar.
- Broil in a broiler for about 10 minutes, rotate the baking in between broiling to avoid burning. Remove from broiler when it is done.
- Preheat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet, sauté garlic for a minute, then add in chopped spinach. Continue sauteing for about 5 minutes until hot.
- Put the pocket-less pitas on baking pan and lightly spray with with olive oil, then top with shredded cheese. Broil for about 2 minutes, until the cheese melts. Cut each pita into half.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread half of the spinach on a halved pita, then top with pepper and mushroom, and finally with the other half of the pita.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/