Roasted Whole Turkey with Low-Fat Bread Sauce (for Dukan Diet PP Consolidation)
Write a review
- 1 (9 lbs/4 kg) free-range whole turkey
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pc butter-soaked muslin cloth* (for covering)
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- low-fat bread sauce** (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Put the turkey in a large deep roasting pan, season and massage the whole bird with salt and black pepper.
- Then, lay the butter-soaked muslin cloth over the turkey to cover it.
- Pour the water into the roasting pan and cook in the preheated oven for about 3 hours 20 minutes (baste the turkey every half an hour with the juice).
- Remove from oven and check the doneness by piercing the thigh with a skewer (the turkey is done if the juice runs clear, otherwise (juice is pink) cook for another 15 minutes and check again).
- When the turkey is done, transfer it to a large serving dish and rest for at least 30 minutes before serving, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve the roasted turkey with the low-fat bread sauce.
*Ingredients and directions for butter-soaked muslin cloth
- 6 oz (175 g) butter (lightly salted)
- 1 pc muslin cloth (large enough to cover the turkey, fold in four)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, then dip the folded muslin into the melted butter to soak up all the butter.
**Ingredients and directions for low-fat bread sauce
- 2 cups (470 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 small onion + 4 pcs cloves (stick cloves into onion)
- 2 1/2 oz-3 1/2 oz (70 g-100 g) brown breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 oz (40 g) low-fat sour cream
- salt & ground nutmeg (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Pour buttermilk into a heavy-based saucepan and add in onion with cloves.
- Bring the buttermilk to the boil at very low heat to allow the flavors being absorbed. When boiled, discard the onion and cloves.
- Stir in enough breadcrumbs until you have a thick sauce, discard the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sour cream and season to taste with salt and ground nutmeg.
- Transfer to a warm bowl and sprinkle with some cayenne pepper to taste.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/