[hana-code-insert name=’ads-incontent’ /]
Savory Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast (for South Beach Phase 2)
Write a review
- 4 skinless bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green apple (Granny Smith, peeled & chopped)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 2 tbsps + 4 tbsps chicken broth
- 4 slices wholemeal/multigrain bread (process into breadcrumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Rub chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then arrange them (bone side up) in an oil-coated 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Add in chopped onion, celery, apple, dried herbs and 2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients start to soften. Remove from heat .
- Toss in breadcrumbs, gradually add in just enough of the remaining broth, until you have a moist stuffing.
- Mound the stuffing into each piece of chicken breast and then spray with cooking spray.
- Seal the baking pan with foil, then bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Discard the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until chicken is tender and the stuffing is lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/
|[hana-code-insert name=’ads-incontent2′ /]|
[hana-code-insert name=’South Beach Diet’ /]
[hana-code-insert name=’End of post’ /]