Spiced Celery Carrot Pumpkin Soup (for Dukan Diet PV Cruise)
Write a review
- 1 cup + 5 cups chicken stock (fat removed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 4 cups cooked pumpkin flesh*
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Pour 1 cup of chicken stock into a large non-stick frying pan, then add in the chopped onion and carrot.
- Cook over medium heat and stir occasionally until chicken stock has evaporated and the vegetables lightly stick to the pan.
- Add in the remaining 5 cups of stock and bring to the boil.
- Add in chopped celery, cooked pumpkin, ginger and pumpkin pie spice.
- Bring to the boil again, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup using a hand blender, then season well with salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot.
Ingredients and directions for cooked pumpkin flesh
- 1 sugar pie pumpkin (halved & seeded)
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Fill a baking dish (9” x 13”) with water (about 1/4”or 6 mm).
- Place the halved pumpkin flesh-side down and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (depend on size). It is done when you can easily prick it with a fork.
- Scoop out the cooked pumpkin flesh, yields about 4 cups.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/