Your kids will love this “veggie spaghetti”. This recipe is Low-Carb and suitable for Atkins Diet. Use Mandoline slicer, julienne peeler, vegetable spiralizer or just knife to turn zucchini into noodle.
Stir-Fried Zucchini Noodle with Bacon and Parmesan (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 2 servings (Each serving: 5.6 g Net Carbs)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium green zucchini (julienned)
- 1 medium yellow zucchini (julienned)
- 4 slices bacon (cut in strips)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- grated lemon zest (of 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsps grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat cooking oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add in bacon and cook until browned, transfer to a bowl.
- Add garlic to the remaining oil and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add in zucchini strips and cook for 1 minute, then add in cooked bacon and mix well.
- Off the heat, then add in grated lemon zest and grated parmesan, toss to mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.