Taco meatballs are made with lean ground pork or beef, stuffed with cheddar cheese cut into cubes. Meatballs are simple to make and always a hit. These Low Carb Taco meatballs are perfect for any gathering or party.
Taco Meatballs with Cheddar (for South Beach Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 36 meatballs
- 1 1/2 lb (680 g) lean ground pork (or beef) (92/8)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsps chopped green onion
- 0.6 oz (17 g) Taco Bell taco seasoning mix (or Mrs.Dash, Ortega, etc.)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 36 pcs (1/2″ cubes) cheddar cheese (3.5 oz/100 g)
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Combine all ingredients together (EXCEPT cheddar cheese) in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Wrap each cheese cube with 1 tablespoon of meat to form a meatball.
- Arrange the meatballs on a non-stick cookie sheet (or spray with cooking spray) and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked.