Dukan Diet Phase 3: Consolidation Phase
You’ll go into this phase when you’ve reached your true weight. This phase is designed to avoid massive regaining of lost weight when more foods previously omitted are added back to your diet. The duration of this phase will depend on the amount of weight your have lost. For each kg lost, you have to stay for 10 days. Therefore, if you’ve already lost 6 kg in the previous two phases, you’ll have to stay in this phase for 2 months.
During this phase, there will be 6 days of Protein-Vegetables day and 1 day of Pure-Protein day (Thursday is suggested by Dukan diet) in a week.
More foods are added back to your diet but in controlled amount. Besides the 100 allowed Dukan foods, you can now have these foods in your diet during the 6 Protein-Vegetables days:
- 1 serving of low-carb fruit, such as apples, oranges, pears, strawberries, plums, etc. (BUT NO banana, figs, cherries and grapes)
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- 2 slices (40 g/1.5 oz) of cheese (e.g. Gouda cheese, Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese)
In addition to the above, for each week, you can also have:
- 2 servings (cooked cup) of high fiber starchy foods (e.g. brown rice, wholegrain pasta, lentils, beans and peas)
- 2 celebration meals (limit to 1 serving only, e.g. appetizer, entrée, dessert, 1 glass of wine)
7-Day Meal Plan Sample for Consolidation Phase
Dukan Diet Phase 4: Stabilization Phase
This is the phase where you will be staying entirely so that you won’t regain your weight. When you have reached this phase, there is no food restriction, meaning you can have whatever you want, but all in moderate amount.
1-2-3 Dukan Diet Rules for Stabilization Phase
Instead of food, the main focus of this phase is on 3 simple, but strict Dukan diet rules: 1 Pure Protein day in a week, 20 minutes of moderate exercise daily and 3 tablespoons of oat bran every day.