Whole-wheat flour (or wholemeal flour) is made by grinding the whole grain of wheat (a.k.a. wheat berry) that has not undergone heavy processing. It is a full-flavored flour and has a textured, brownish appearance. Whole-grain whole wheat flour is rich in fiber, vitamins, mineral and protein.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (South Beach Phase 2 Recipe) | Dietplan-101
- 10.5 oz (297 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsps instant dry yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2/3 cup warm water (120°F/50°C)
- 2 tsps olive oil
- Mix flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a stand mixer with dough hook attachment (or food processor) until well combined.
- Mix warm water and olive oil in a measuring cup, then pour in the liquid gradually and mix until a dough ball is formed (add extra 1-2 tbsps of water if the dough is too dry).
- When a dough ball is formed, continue kneading it for 1 minute.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hour (at room temperature 85°F/30°C), or until double in size.
- Lightly floured a clean surface, then roll the dough ball into a flat round pizza base (about 11-inch).
- You can cover the pizza base with oiled plastic sheet and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Bake the pizza dough at 375°F /190°C for 20 minutes to make a pizza crust. (Each whole wheat pizza crust: 182 g Net Carbs.)