This low-carb quick bread is made with soy flour, a low-carb flour. It is tender and moist with cake-like texture. This quick-bread is best kept refrigerated and great for those on low-carb and gluten-free diet.
Zucchini Almond Quick Bread (for Atkins Diet Phase 2) | Dietplan-101
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 cup ground almond
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 24 sachets (or 1 cup granulated) sugar substitute (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grate the zucchini coarsely.
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, whisk until well blended.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, whisk until well mixed.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, mix until just combined and you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 9′ x 5′ loaf pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove loaf from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cooled, cut the bread with a serrated knife into 18 servings.
Notes: Each serving: 3.6 g Net Carbs