This is a healthier and gluten-free alternative to standard pasta. Zucchini pasta is suitable for those on Low Carb Diet, Atkins Diet and Gluten-Free diet. Keep the zucchini skin for more health benefits. The skin offers extra concentrated source of nutrients, vitamins and dietary fiber.
Zucchini Pasta Salad with Parmesan (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 2 servings (Each serving: 4.3 g Net Carbs)
- 1 medium green zucchini (julienned)
- 1 medium yellow zucchini (julienned)
- 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- grated lemon zest (of 1 lemon)
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsps grated Parmesan
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest in a large salad bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add in zucchini strips and gently toss to coat well.
- Add in grated Parmesan and toss to mix.