Ham Mushroom Cheese Omelet with Tomato Salsa (South Beach Phase 1 Recipe)
A delicious, nutritious and fulfilling omelette dish that is great to be served as breakfast.
Ham Mushroom Cheese Omelet with Tomato Salsa (for South Beach Phase 1)
Write a review
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsps water (from soaking mushroom)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 tsps vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped low-fat ham
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped mushroom
- 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese (or any sliced cheese)
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup homemade tomato salsa* (refer recipe below)
- Add water, salt and pepper to the eggs, then whisk together.
- Preheat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook chopped onion, bell pepper, mushroom and ham until softened, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cooked ham and vegetables to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Preheat another 1 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture and spread evenly, lower the heat and keep stirring.
- When the egg is almost cooked, top with 1 slice of cheddar cheese (tear into pieces).
- When the cheese is melting, spread over 1/4 cup tomato salsa, then fold the omelet into half.
- Continue to cook until the omelet is done, then transfer to a serving dish and top with another 1/4 cup of salsa.
- Repeat the same for the remaining egg mixture.
- Serve hot.
Diet Plan 101 http://www.dietplan-101.com/