Creamy egg custard, made with fresh eggs, heavy cream and a touch of cinnamon, a great dessert that can be served either warm or chilled.
Baked Cinnamon Egg Custard (for Atkins Diet Phase 2) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 pcs (7-oz) ramekins
- Fill a baking pan with water and preheat in the oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, sweetener and salt in a large bowl until slightly thickened.
- Combine heavy cream and cinnamon in a saucepan and whisk over medium heat until just heated through. Remove from heat.
- Gradually add the hot cream mixture to the egg mixture while whisking constantly, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture equally into the ramekins, until about 2/3 full.
- Arrange the ramekin in a baking pan and bake in the preheated oven with water bath for about 30-35 minutes, until custard still slightly loose in center.
- Off the heat and let them stay in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Notes: Each serving: 3.9 g Net Carbs (32.5 g Fat, 4.6 g Protein)