This is a great cabbage soup recipe for those who like hot foods, spicy soup will help speeding up your metabolism too!
Spicy Cabbage Soup for Cabbage Soup Diet | Dietplan-101
Yields: 3 servings
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 hot chili pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tbsps mustard
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and chili pepper with a hand chopper.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon broth over medium heat in a sauce pot, then add in finely chopped onion, garlic and chili.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until liquid has evaporated and the ingredients lightly stick to the pot.
- Add in the remaining broth, coriander powder and mustard, bring to the boil.
- Add in the chopped tomato, carrot, celery and lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil again, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
- Add in shredded cabbage and cook at medium heat until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Off the heat and season with salt and ground black pepper.