Creamy Cheddar Soup with Crumbled Bacon (for Atkins Diet Phase 2) | Dietplan-101
Yields: 2 servings (Each serving: 6.2 g Net carbs)
- 2 slices bacon (cut into strips)
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp mustard (or 1/4 tsp mustard powder)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup (4 oz/113 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt (to taste)
- Fry bacon over medium heat in a non-stick saucepan for a few minutes, until crispy. Drain off excess oil and set aside.
- Using the same saucepan with bacon fat, sauté the chopped onion until turning brown.
- Add in the mustard, black pepper and chicken broth. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add in paprika, half & half and cheese. Let it simmers and stir until the cheese melts. Season to taste with salt.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and serve hot.