This recipe is adapted from a normal almond cake recipe. The original recipe calls for 170 g superfine flour and 100 g ground almond, which I replace with 270 g gluten-free millet-almond flour mix. I have also reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup (originally 3/4 cup) to make it less sweet. The cake turns out great, it is soft, moist and delicious!
Gluten-Free Millet Almond Cake Recipe | Dietplan-101
- 9.5 oz (270 g) gluten-free millet-almond flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100 g) fine sugar
- 8.5 oz (240 g) melted butter
- 1 oz (28 g) whole almond
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together, set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, then add in sieved flour and fold until well mixed.
- Add in melted butter gradually and mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 8″ round pan, then top with whole almond.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack before slicing.