Gluten-Free Carrot Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Write a review
- 1 cup soy flour or gram flour**
- 3/4 cup gluten-free corn flour
- 2 tsps gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps mixed spice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (165 g) grated carrot
- 1 cup (117 g) chopped walnut
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C.
- Lightly grease a non-stick round cake tin (8-in/20-cm).
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda and mixed spice together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in sugar, grated carrot and chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Add in the oil, sour cream and eggs, mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until done.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it stands for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top the cake with the cream cheese frosting. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Ingredients and directions for orange cream cheese frosting
- 4.4 oz (125 g) cream cheese
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) sifted icing sugar
- Add orange zest to cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in icing sugar gradually and beat until smooth.
Diet Plan 101 https://www.dietplan-101.com/